What is the Excel Programme About?
Funded through Sport England, the Excel Programme will support talented coaches and gymnasts who are aspiring to achieve future high performance and World Class Standards. The main aim of the Gymnastics Excel Programme will be to support coaches through the provision of clinics and coach education sessions specifically focussed on helping them to develop talented young gymnasts.
The Programme runs across six disciplines: Men’s Artistic, Women’s Artistic, Trampoline, Rhythmic, Acrobatics and Tumbling. The principles are the same in each of the disciplines but the way the programme is organised and delivered will vary according to the individual needs of the discipline.
Within the MAG Programme, the focus ‘headline’ activity will be an annual National Coaching Conference. In addition to this a programme of clinics will be delivered within the following 5 Super-Regions:
- North / North West / Yorkshire.
- West Midlands / South West.
- East Midlands.
- London / South East / South.
These clinics will be organised and staffed by Development (Excel) Coaches and supported by the British National Development Coach (Barry Collie).
Each of the 5 Clubs / Coaches within these areas that we are investing in will be required to:-
- Deliver 4 coaching clinics in their Super-Region per annum.
- Develop an infrastructure for performance gymnastics within their Super-Region.
- Attend a National Coaching Conference / Clinics.
- Attend World Class / BG activities as requested by the MAG Technical Director.
- Undertake an individual CPD Programme agreed with the MAG Technical Director.